Links for McLuhan Researchers
More links are welcome
Please send to: email@example.com
Sorted and organized by Linda Alford February 2002
Sources from: Linda Alford, Agnes Kruchio, Alex Kuskis, Liss Jeffrey, the participants in University of Toronto’s C&T 1005 – seminar on Understanding McLuhan 2001 … please contribute by sending your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please stay tuned for many additions to our HUB resources on this site
http://www.mcluhan.ca – the site of sites for the McLuhan Global Research Network
- The McLuhan Program in Culture and Technology. [Includes links to course listings.] See also: Biography and Index of content for additional formation on the life and works of Dr. McLuhan as well as information about the program.
- Hotlinks: Marshall McLuhan Developed by Professor Bernard J. Hibbitts. An extensive site with biographical material as well as links to journals, papers, projects, courses, research centers and new releases relevant to the life and work of Dr. McLuhan.
- McLuhan Reloaded: Dismissed in his day as a vaudeville entertainer, McLuhan may be a better prophet for this century than for the last A documentary review by Harper's Magazine editor Lewis Lapham, published in the Walrus magazine. This online feature contains video & audio clips from and related to the documentary film "McLuhan's Wake", directed by Kevin McMahon.
- CIOS/McLuhan Site: Communication Institute for Online Scholarship. The CIOS/McLuhan Website Project is an online, hypermedia resource for communication scholarship and study. It is intended to be a supplement and aid to classroom curriculum, helping teachers to introduce their students to the ideas of the 'Toronto School' of communication, primarily through the work of Marshall McLuhan [this annotation is from the CIOS/McLuhan web site].
- CIOS/McLuhan Website Project Home Page see also Developmental Report and The McLuhan Module/Tetrad Game.
- Maastricht McLuhan Institute European Center for Digital Culture, Knowledge Organization and Learning Technology.
- Media Guru @ The Center For Media Sciences.
- MCS: Marshall McLuhan MCS media and communications study site, providing an extensive list of links to further material on or related to the works and life of Dr. McLuhan.
- Marshall McLuhan Link Farm
- Mis-Understanding McLuhan by mat x
- Marshall McLuhan Center
- PopCultures.comWith references to general resources, primary literature and secondary sources.
- PopCult From Site: "In the spirit of randomness with which McLuhan came out with his probes, the following collection is presented (with permission) with numbers, and in no particular order."
- Welcome to the McLuhan Mosaic, where "the medium is the message." see also: Education in the Rearview Mirror: What's Coming Up.
- The Resonating Interval: Exploring the Process of the Tetrad By Anthony Hempell. "This project is an exploration of Marshall McLuhan and Bruce Powers' concept of the tetrad as a theoretical model for assessing, analyzing and predicting the social effects of technology on society."
- McLuhan [Probes] The Probes are a product of Nova Scotia College of Art and Design. This is a high graphics site. To explore fully you may want to use a program such as WebWhacker to download the entire site to your computer which then, with its use, allows faster loading.
- McLuhan Studies Journal edited by Francesco Guardian and Eric McLuhan. Full text online. See also: Premiere Issue ON THE EZRA POUND/ MARSHALL MCLUHAN CORRESPONDENCE.
- Fragments Shored Against McLuhan's Ruin by Peter Montgomery.
- The Dialectical Methods of Marshall McLuhan, Marxism, and Critical Theory by Paul Grosswiler University of Maine Canadian Journal of Communications Volume 21, Number 1, 1996
- The Medium and the Light: Reflections on Religion review by John Fraim on "The Medium and the Light: Reflections on Religion", by Marshall McLuhan, edited by Eric McLuhan and Jacek Szklarek M/C Reviews 24 Oct. 1999.
- McLuhan Reconsidered. Essay by Jim Andrews reconsidering McLuhan's ideas (e.g.: "sense ratios or patterns of perception" are altered by technologies) providing an engaging discussion on the significance of McLuhan's work to understanding toadies cultures, technologies, and digital environments.
- McLuhan Meets the Net. By Larry Press Communications of the ACM, Vol. 38, No 7, July, 1995, pp. 15-20
- Marshall McLuhan Meets William Gibson in "Cyberspace" Published article: CMC Magazine September 1, 1995 / Page 4 by Michael E. Doherty, Jr. a doctoral student at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY. He writes regularly for Computer-Mediated Communication Magazine.
- Tape 5: Lecture by Marshall McLuhan Florida State University, 1970
- Über Marshall McLuhan Reference to the ideas of Marshall McLuhan within the publication Energon.
- McLuhan Hot and Cool "McLuhan's way of describing media as "hot" or "cool" suggests a quite different way of looking at television and, if we choose to follow the analogy, hypertext."
- Perspectives on Communication: Shannon, McLuhan and Baudrillard
- The Medium is The Massage by Marshall McLuhan & Quentin Fiore 1967
- Bring Back Marshall McLuhan by Robert F. James and William J. Moriarty. Source: Strategies For Media Literacy
- ESCAPE VELOCITY - - Marshall McLuhan: The Medium's Messenger by Mark Dery 1996.
- Globaliseringens diabolske reversering: Hva McLuhan ikke så. Thomas Hylland Eriksen.
- Now, McLuhan is the Message by Mick Doherty CMC Magazine 1999.
- Technological Determinism of Marshall McLuhan PowerPoint presentation.
- Marshall McLuhan Das Medium ist die Botschaft
- McLuhan Live What follows is a recording of a guest lecture McLuhan gave for Professor Forsdale's course, "Topics In Communication" on July 17, 1978. The tape and original transcript were kindly provided by Louis Forsdale, Professor Emeritus of Communication and Education, Teachers College, Columbia University, NYC.
- Marshall McLuhan: W I R E D, Archive. List of links.
- Wired 4.01: Channeling McLuhan WI R E D, Archive | 4.01 - Jan 1996 | Feature. About Us, ... Channeling McLuhan The Wired Interview with the magazine's patron saint. By Gary Wolf. ...
McLuhan Biographies on the Web:
Books/ Video and Other Media:
Additional Sites of Interest: